Tuesday, July 8, 2014

And So It Begins...

 For a couple of years now I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog. I really don't have a reason to -- I'm not traveling to faraway lands, I'm not the queen of DIY projects, I don't invent new recipes, and while I have fun finding good bargains, I've never gotten my toothpaste for free! I simply enjoy reading blogs and thought it might be fun to put my random thoughts out there as well as share things as I figure them out. :) I'm sure my mom will cringe anytime I make a grammatical mistake but I hope the rest of you, if you choose to read, will forgive me. :)
The title for my blog (Imperfect Progress) comes from a women's Bible Study I recently went through at my church.  In the book, Lysa Tyrukesrts, talks a lot about Imperfect Progress in terms of making positive changes in our lives.  We don't have to get everything right the first try, and change most likely won't happen overnight, but with each step forward and with each mistake we are making progress towards our goal.  I think these two words sum up life pretty well -- at least for me in this stage. I'm not a perfect wife (although Chris may say I am :)) and being a mom is a lot more difficult (and fun) than anyone ever tells you but I would like to think that each day I am making progress to being a better me than I was the day before. So, in this blog you're likely to get a huge array of ramblings from me as I am not tying myself down to one topic. And I can't promise that blogs will be consistently published but I hope if you decide to follow along you will find them enjoyable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips